Yaesu VX-6R VHF-UHF-220 Mhz FM Heavy-Duty tri-Band Ultra-Compact ham radio portable is ideal for rigorous field use! With wide-band reception, rugged and submersible design and simple keyboard commands, this ham radio Yaesu VX-6R portable is loaded with features. As a bonus, This USA-version radio transmit on 222-225 MHz with 1.5 watts output!
Yaesu VX-6R portable device adopted a one-touch DMR (Direct Memory Recall) system that operates just like your car stereo does. Just tune to a frequency, press a numerical key for about two seconds to store the frequency!
Pre-stored memory channels and features include:
* 89 Shortwave Broadcast Channels, representing many of the most popular broadcast stations in the world, are pre-loaded and labeled at the factory.
* The U.S. version of the ham radio Yaesu VX-6R includes ten NOAA weather broadcast channels, and the tri-band portable VX-6R can watch for the 1050-Hz "Severe Weather" alert, warning you of dangerous weather conditions.
* 280 Marine Channels are also pre-programmed at the factory, covering all the maritime action in your area!
* "Nuisance Channel" feature eliminates unwanted frequencies from VFO scanning
* 50 sets of band-limit "Programmable Memory Scan" channels for restricting operation to band segments
* 12 quick-recall "Home" channels, one per band
The new "Wake-Up" battery saver feature provides unparalleled preservation of battery current. Every 5 to 30 seconds the portable Yaesu VX-6R will turn itself back on and check for activity on the current channel.
Among the scanning features are:
* VFO Scanning of the entire band or a programmed (PMS) band segment, with the ability to skip over constant-carrier "nuisance" channels.
* Memory Scan of all memories, two types of Name Tag "wild card" scanning, scanning of memories just on a particular band, scanning of specially designated memories only, and scanning of the PMS memories.
* Scanning within a particular Memory Bank.
* Scanning of multiple Memory Banks via the "Memory Bank Link" mode.
Additional battery-saving features include:
* Automatic Power-Off (APO), that turns the radio off after a programmed period of keystroke inactivity.
* Password feature lets you engage a four digit password. This can prevent children or other unauthorized users from turning your radio on and draining the battery.
* TX Battery Saver automatically turns the transmitter power down when you are in contact with an extremely strong local station or repeater.
* On Timer, that lets you program the time of day when the radio will automatically turn on, eliminating the need to leave it on during times when you won't be available to use it.
* DC Voltmeter lets you monitor the status of the internal battery or external power source.
* Easy access to the WiRES Internet Linking System via 64 special DTMF memories plus SRG (Sister Radio Group) one-digit access without touching a DTMF key.
* Microphone Gain adjustment.
* Key Beep level adjustment.
* PTT Delay, to minimize wind noise right after the PTT switch is pressed, especially when using a VOX headset.
* CW Training feature that can send five character Morse-Code groups, to help you improve your code proficiency.
* Channel counter function for determining the frequency of a nearby station * Smart Search automatic 31-channel scanning/loading system.
* 10 dB Attenuator for use in strong-signal environments.
* Busy Channel Lockout (BCLO) feature prevents transmission when the current frequency is in use.
* RF Squelch keeps receiver muted until a signal exceeding a certain S-meter reading is received.
* 16-digit, 10-memory DTMF Autodialer for Autopatch use.
Frequency Range Receive:
0.5 - 1.8 MHz (BC Band)
1.8 - 30 MHz (Shortwave Band)
30 - 59 MHz (6 Meter Amateur)
59 - 108 MHz (FM)
108 - 137 MHz (Air Band)
137 - 174 MHz (144 MHz HAM)
174 - 222 MHz (VHF-TV)
222 - 420 MHz (ACT1: Action Band 1)
420 - 470 MHz (430 MHz HAM)
470 - 729 MHz (UHF-TV)
803 - 998.99 MHz (ACT2: Action Band 2 Cellular Blocked)
Frequency Range Transmit:
144 - 148 MHz
222 - 225 MHz
430 - 450 MHz
(10kHz: AMBC U.S.A. version)
±5 ppm +14 °F to +122 °F (-10 °C to +50 °C)
±600 kHz (144 MHz)
±1.6/5.0/7.6 MHz (430 MHz)
Supply Voltage: Nominal:
7.4 VDC, Negative Ground
11-16 VDC Negative Ground EXT DC Jack
150 mA (Receive)
60 mA (Standby, Saver Off)
30 mA (Standby, Saver On)
200 µA (Auto Power Off)
1.6 Amps (5 Watts TX, 144 MHz)
1.5 Amps (222 MHz)
1.8 Amps (Hi TX, 430 MHz)
Operating Temperature: -20°C to +60°C
Case Size: 2.3x3.5x1.1 inches (58x90x29 mm) (without knob and antenna) 9.5 oz (270g)
N-FM, AM Double-conversion, W-FM Triple Conversion
47.25 MHz (N-FM)
45.8 MHz (W-FM)
450 kHz (N-FM)
10.7 MHz (W-FM)
1 MHz (W-FM)
1.5 µV for 10dB S/N (0.5-30MHz, AM)
1.0 µV for 12dB SINAD (59-108 MHz/470-540MHz, W-FM)
0.5 µV for 12dB SINAD (54-59MHz/300-420MHz, N-FM)
0.18 µV for 12dB SINAD (420-470 MHz N-FM)
12 kHz/35 kHz (N-FM)
200 kHz/500 kHz (W-FM)
200 mW @ 8 Ohms for 10% THD (@ 7.4 V DC)
RF Power Output:
144/430 MHz 5.0/2.5/1.0/0.3 watts
222 MHz 1.5/1.0/0.5/0.2 watts
At least 60 dB down
2 k Ohm
VX-6R Yaesu, tri-band portable ham radio
- Brand: Yaesu
- Product Code: YAESU
- Availability: In Stock