ICOM ID-51A-PLUS2 dualband portable Transceivers offer global D-STAR connectivity. These dual band transceivers have a super-compact body and weigh about 9 ounces with a battery pack and antenna.
Waterproof to one meter for thirty minutes, these ham radio portables ICOM ID-51A-PLUS2 dual band transceivers are rugged! Over the years, Icom has taken the D-STAR protocol to new levels with each generation of portables. integrated GPS, an independent AM/FM receiver and V/V, U/U, V/U Dualwatch, the enhancements for digital operation and compatibility with the RS-MS1A free Android application found in the PLUS models.
The Icom ID-51A PLUS2 Ham Radio adds Terminal and Access Point modes for your own personal communications portal into the Global *D-STAR network!
|A Band - 136-174MHz, 380-479MHz
B Band - 108-174MHz, 380-479MHz
The new Terminal mode and Access point mode enable you to make D-STAR calls through the Internet, even from areas where no D-STAR repeater is accessible:
Connect the Icom ID-51A PLUS2 Ham Radio transceiver to the Internet through a PC or Android™ device, and send your voice and/or data through the Internet gateway to a destination repeater.
Access Point Mode
Use an Icom ID-51A PLUS2 ham radio connected to the Internet through a PC or Android™ device, as an Access point. You can use another D-STAR radio to send your voice and/or data through the Access point radio, and communicate with D-STAR stations all over the world.
RS-MS1A, Free Download Android™ Application
The RS-MS1A allows you to connect your Android™ device to the ID-51A*. You can see the location of repeater sites on a map application and set them to the ID-51A. Text messages and pictures can be sent and received with your Android™ device.
The OPC-2350LU data cable is required to connect to an Android™ device.
- Send and receive pictures
- Send and receive text messaging
- Set transceiver’s DR functions from the RS-MS1A or a map application
- See the location of repeater sites or other D-PRS stations on a map application
- View and export received history of the transceiver
- View detailed data in the transceiver’s Repeater list
- Import and export the Repeater list and the Callsign list from/to the transceiver
DV Fast Data Mode*
By using data in place of voice frames, the Icom ID-51A PLUS2 transfers data 3.5 times faster (3480 bps) than in the conventional DV mode (with voice). Pictures taken by an Android™ device can be quickly transmitted in the DV Fast Data mode.
*The DV Fast Data mode is not compatible with the DV mode low-speed data communication.
DV and FM Repeater Search Function
The repeater search function searches for nearby analog FM repeaters as well as DV repeaters using the repeater memories and the integrated GPS*.
*To use the repeater search function, the position data of the repeater is required.
- Dplus reflector link commands.
- GPS position data can be sent simultaneously with the serial data communication.
- Enhanced D-PRS functions: receiving only Base/Object/Item/Weather formats.
- Altitude data added to the GPS memories.
- CI-V commands include GPS TX mode, DV data TX and GPS ON/OFF settings and can be sent through DATA connector.
- Callsign, repeater list and GPS memory import and export in the CSV format.
- D-STAR DV Mode (Digital Voice + Data).
- Independent AM/FM receiver.
- MicroSD card (Up to 32GB).
- TX voice memory (1 channel, 60 seconds).
- SPEECH function announces the received call sign (DV Mode), frequency, and mode.
- QSO recorder function records incoming and outgoing calls. The voice recorder function can record an off-line conversation.
- CSV formatted communication log.
- 10-step battery voltage indicator.
|Features||Frequency coverage U.S.A. version :
Tx : 144–148, 430–450*
Rx : (A) 137–174, 380–479*
(B) 108–174, 380–479*
Broadcast : 0.52-1.71, 88.0-108.0
(A) means A Band, (B) means B band.
(W×H×D; Proj. not included) 58×105.4×26.4 mm;
(approx.) 170g; 6oz (without battery),
255g; 8.99oz (with BP-271 & antenna)
(at 7.4V DC) 5W, 2.5W, 1.0W, 0.5W, 0.1W
(High, Mid, Low2, Low1, S-low)
Sensitivity DV (at 1% BER) :
VHF (Amateur band) Less than 0.28μV
UHF (Amateur band) Less than 0.28μV
FM, FM-N (at 12dB SINAD) :
VHF (Amateur band) Less than 0.18μV
UHF (Amateur band) Less than 0.18μV
137–174MHz* Less than 0.32μV
380–479MHz* Less than 0.32μV
(* Excludes amateur band)
WFM (at 12dB SINAD) :
76.0–81.9MHz Less than 3.2μV
82.0–108.0MHz Less than 1.8μV
AM (at 10dB S/N) :
0.52–0.995MHz Less than 3.2μV
1.00–1.71MHz Less than 1.8μV
108.00–136.995MHz Less than 1.8μV
ID-51A PLUS2 Icom, dualband portable transceiver D-STAR
- Brand: Icom
- Product Code: ICOM
- Availability: In Stock