Calibrators Z-817 connect to the CAT port (ACC) on the back of the FT-817 radio with the supplied cable. The setting can not be simpler ... just press the tuner button once and the Z-817s do the rest. They will go into PKT mode, transmit a carrier wave, tune in the tuner, and then return the radio to the previous mode!
2000 memories cover 160 to 6 meters. Of course, LDG Z-817 calibrators will also function as general purpose antenna tuners with other HF amateur radios. Simply transmit and press the tuning button on the calibrator.
Z-817 calibrators are powered by only four internal AA alkaline batteries (not included). It is not necessary to use an extra power cable to use the Z-817. Locking relays are used so that the power consumption is zero when the adjustment is not made, which allows a set of batteries to last about a year.
Additional features include:
* RF power is 0.1 to 20 watts SSB and CW, 5 watts for digital modes
* Locking relay for ultra low consumption
* Battery 4 x 1.5V AA alkaline (not included)
* Integrated CAT port interface, CAT by port for computer connection, 38,400 baud
* 2,000 memories used with the FT-817 interface (200 memories for other radios)
* Coverage from 1.8 to 54 MHz (continuous coverage for MARS)
* Gives 6 to 600 ohms (about 10: 1 SWR) 16 to 150 over 6m (about 3: 1)
* SO-239 in and out connections for dipoles, verticals, beams, G5RV, OCF, Cobra, etc.
* Includes 12 "CAT cable
* Weighs 9.3 oz. without batteries
|Features||Antenna Tuner Type: Automatic
Antenna Tuner Location: Desktop
Mobile Whip Tuner: No
Tuner Maximum Power Rating: 20 watts
Frequency Range: 1.8-54 MHz
Tuner Inductor Type: Automatic
Tuner Capacitors: Automatic
Tuner Bypass Switch: Yes
Tuner Control Type: Internal
Internal Dummy Load: No
Internal Balun Type: None
DC Power Required: No
Tuner Width: 5.000 in.
Tuner Height: 1.500 in.
Tuner Depth: 7.700 in.
Tuner Weight: 1.50 lbs.
Z-817 LDG, automatic antenna tuner
- Brand: LDG Electronics
- Product Code: LDG ELECTRONICS
- Availability: In Stock