Comet was the first to offer a broadband SWR analyzer with an oscillator ranging from 1.8 to 500 MHz. The new version also provides a very accurate and easy-to-use SWR and impedance analyzer for the amateur radio community. Their analog cross-needle counter simultaneously displays the SWR and impedance as you sweep through the chosen frequency range, instantly providing the information needed to make the antenna settings.
These Comet antenna analyzers can scan the desired frequency range in seconds, allowing fast SWR settings. Since the SWR and impedance, resistance and reactance in ohms are displayed simultaneously, you can more easily determine the resonance frequency. These antenna analyzers, powered by six AA alkaline batteries, provide up to 10 hours of operation. With their built-in charger, you can also use nickel-metal hydride (NiMH) batteries.
|Features||CAA-500MarkII analyzers have wonderful features:
* Auto band sweep function: Switch to the amateur band of choice and press the "Sweep Center" button. The chosen band is swept and the SWR graphed in seconds.
* Manual band sweep function: Choose the band, the center frequency, and the bandwidth and manually sweep the frequency range.
* Multiple manual sweeps: The graph will overlay manual sweeps in 5 different colors! Make antenna length, position, height above ground, gamma match adjustments etc., and graph each adjustment in seconds without losing the previous graph!
* SO-239 connector for 1.8-300 MHz range
* Type-N connector for 300-500 MHz range
* 8-16VDC external power or 6 AA Alkaline batteries (up to 10 hours of operation) or use Nickel-Metal Hydride (NiMH) cells
* Built-in trickle charger (for NiMH batteries, only)
* Battery indicator
* External power cable and 2.5mm DC plug included
* Selectable auto-power off.
Comet CAA-500 Mark II Antenna analyzer
- Brand: Comet
- Product Code: COMET
- Availability: In Stock